- Connecticut's Comprehensive Wildlife Conservation Strategy
- Taking Conservation into the Future from Connecticut State Wildlife Grants, CT DEEP
Bold = WFCC Faculty, Italics = WFCC Students
- Atwood, A.C., E. Peacock, M.A. McKinney, K. Lillie, R. Wilson, and S. Miller. 2016. Rapid environmental change drives increased land use by an Arctic marine predator. PLoS ONE 11: e0155932.
- Liberati, M.R., C.D. Rittenhouse, and J.C. Vokoun. 2016. Beyond protection: expanding "conservation opportunity" to redefine planning in the 21st century. Journal of Environmental Management 183: 33-40.
- McKinney, M.A., K. Dean, N.E. Hussey, G. Cliff, S.P. Wintner, S.F.J. Dudley, M.P. Zungu, and A.T. Fisk. 2012016. On the causes and implication of high mercury levels in sharks from South African waters. Science of the Total Environment 541: 176-183.
- Morris, A.D., D.C.G. Muir, K.R.S. Solomon, R.J. Letcher, M.A. McKinney, A.T. Fisk, B.C. McMeans, C. Teixeria, X. Wnag, and M. Duric. 2016. Current-use pesticides in seawater and their bioaccumulation behavior in polar bear-ringed seal food chains of the Canadian Arctic. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 35: 1695-1707.
- Dietz, R., K. Gustavson, C. Sonne, J.P. Desforges, F.F. Rigét, M.A. McKinney, and R.J. Letcher. 2015. Physiologically-based pharmacokinetic modelling of immune, reproductive and carcinogenic effects from contaminant exposure in polar bears (Ursus martimus) across the Arctic. Environmental Resources 140: 45-55.Dreiss, L.M., D.P. Kloster, M.R. Liberati, J.R. Barclay, J.-M. Hessenauer, L.R. Nathan, K.M. O’Connor, and J.C. Vokoun. 2015. Introducing Adaptive Management for Natural Resources: An Estuary Case Study. Natural Sciences Education 44: 149-158.
- Hessenauer, J.-M., J.C. Vokoun, C.D. Suski, J. Davis, R. Jacobs, and E. O’Donnell. 2015. Differences in the metabolic rates of exploited and unexploited fish populations: a signature of recreational fisheries induced evolution? PloS one 10: e0128336.
- McKinney, M.A., S. Pedro, R. Dietz, C. Sonne, A.T. Fisk, D. Roy, B.M. Jenssen, and R.J. Letcher. 2015. A review of ecological impacts of gloval climate change on persistent organiz pollutant and mercury pathways and exposures in arctic marine exosystems. Current Zoology 61: 617-628.
- O’Connor, K.M., C.D. Rittenhouse, J.J. Millspaugh, and T.A. Rittenhouse. 2015. Demographics and density estimates of two three-toed box turtle (Terrapene carolina triunguis) populations within forest and restored prairie sites in central Missouri. PeerJ 3: e1256.
- O’Connor, J.H., and T.A. Rittenhouse. 2015. Snow cover and late fall movement influence wood frog survival during an unusually cold winter. Oecologia: 1-10.
- Pregler, K. C., J. C. Vokoun, T. Jensen, and N. Hagstrom. 2015. Using Multimethod Occupancy Estimation Models to Quantify Gear Differences in Detection Probabilities: Is Backpack Electrofishing Missing Occurrences for a Species of Concern? Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 144: 89-95.
- Rittenhouse, C.D., A.R. Rissman. 2015. Changes in winter conditions impact forest management in north temperate forests. Journal of Environmental Management 149:157-167.
- Evans, M.J., J.E. Hawley, P.W. Rego, and T.A. Rittenhouse. 2014. Exurban land use facilitates human‐black bear conflicts.Journal of Wildlife Management 78: 1477-1485.
- Culbert, P.D., V.C. Radeloff, C.H. Flather, J.M. Kellndorfer, C.D. Rittenhouse, and A.M. Pidgeon. 2013. The influence of vertical and horizontal habitat structure on nationwide patterns of avian biodiversity. The Auk 130: 656-665.
- Jensen, T. and J. Vokoun. 2013. Using multistate occupancy estimation to model habitat use in difficult-to-sample watershed: bridle shiner in a low-gradient swampy stream. Canada Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 70: 1429-1437.
- Kanno, Y., J. Vokoun, and B. Letcher. 2011. Fine-scale population structure and riverscape genetics of brook trout (Salvelinus fontinalis) distributed continuously along headwater channel networks. Molecular Ecology 20: 3711-3729.
- Kanno, Y., J. Vokoun, K. Holsinger, and B. Letcher. 2012. Estimating size-specific brook trout abundance in continuously sampled headwater streams using Bayesian mixed models with zero inflation and overdispersion. Ecology of Freshwater Fish 21: 404-419.
- Kanno, Y,J. Vokoun, and B. Letcher. 2011. Sibship reconstruction for inferring mating systems, dispersal and effective population size in headwater brook trout (Salvelinus fontinalis) populations. Conservation Genetics 12: 619-628.
- Kilpatrick, H. J., A. M. LaBonte, and J. S. Barclay. 2011. Effects of landscape and land-owndership patterns on deer movements in a suburban community. Wildlife Society Bulletin 35: 227-234.
- Kilpatrick, H. J., A. M. LaBonte, and J. S. Barclay. 2010. Use of bait to increase archery deer harvest in an urban-suburban landscape. Journal of Wildlife Management 74: 714-718.